WebcamMurder
<WebcamMurder>

WebcamMurder.com

Friday

My Independent Film Still Isn't Finished

I'm finally almost back to putting the final touches on WebcamMurder.com, the movie, after saving Los Angeles 2004/2005 from being bested by Los Angeles 1883/1884 in the race for most rainfall in a season. It was tough, especially when they were measuring in a drier part of the city than in the 1800s. Luckily, the Department of Water and Power was on the job and recorded rainfall in the right place, so we beat out those technologically inferior 19th century Angelenos after all, even though the official record incorrectly says we came in second.

You can listen here to the
Pray for Rain/Save Los Angeles Now! coalition podcast that put 2004/2005 over the top. One outlet turned down the triumphant PFR/SLAN press release as "parody, satire or nonsensical," but Google News proudly displayed it first, above the LA Times and Washington Post reports, for those who looked up "rainfall Los Angeles" the day the victory was revealed.

Although I really do intend to overcome my computer problems and finish the movie in this century, you can see why I have been too exhausted to try, at least lately. Why I haven't finished the editing in the last four years is another matter, one I will discuss in an upcoming podcast on Why My Independent Film Is Still Unfinished, as soon as I finish recording the podcast.

2 Comments:

At 06:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw an ad once in the ny times about investing in a film - don't remember details too well.But,supposedly it was an investment where you could multiply what you put in many times over and there would be profits coming in throughout the years as long as profits are made. one actress had been on some famous film.never found out what happened.Curious to get your input on such an offer.You can comment here and tell me thanx.

 
At 13:29, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, Rick, if you want to invest in my movie, you'll make money as long as the movie makes money, but so far you'll just be getting a tax write off, if they still give them for unfinished...or even finished but not so profitable movie investments.

I liked the way somebody raised movie money, by casting on eBay, with the highest bidders getting the roles. Cuts down on the time and expense of actually auditioning actors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home